Custom choppers are the Mercedes of motorcycles, and they are as much fun to own as any super-luxury vehicle. I'm certain that when you see a custom chopper, you wish you had one for yourself. Here's ten reasons to buy a custom chopper …
1. FUN! Yes, this is the first and foremost reason. You will have more fun with a custom chopper than just about any other investment you make. Cars are fun, sure, but they simply do not provide the "in the wind" feeling that can only be obtained with a motorcycle and a custom chopper will make people stop and notice – and that's always fun.
2. Resale value. Just like a car, motorcycles depreciate with time. At least stock motorcycles do. But custom rides and antiques do not – in fact they can appreciate if you continue adding value to your ride. 3. Breaking out of the status quo. Just anyone can own a stock motorcycle. Harley dealers have great stock bikes that anyone who has the money can buy. Newspapers abound with ads for stock motorcycles that are being sold by an owner – often because they want to upgrade and get their first custom chopper. That's the status quo in motorcycles. If you want to break away and stand out in the crowd, a custom chopper will do that for you!
4. Custom choppers are accepted by all motorcycle riders. Have you ever noticed that the Harley riders will accept custom choppers that are not Harley builds much more easily than they will any other type of motorcycle? It's true, if your bike is a custom chop, even if the drive train is not Harley, the Harley rides will not shun you or make nasty.
5. Your custom chopper can reflect your personality. If you purchase a stock bike, there will be hundreds of thousands of people who have exactly the same scoot as yours. With a custom chopper, you can provide input and customization that reflects who you are.
6. Riding comfort is another reason to customize. By choosing the frame, engine, risers, handle bars, saddle and parts that create your custom chopper, you can create the chop that is most comfortable for YOU, the rider.
7. Pizzazz. You can add as much shiny, eye-blinding chrome as you choose; or you can have as little as you choose. If you want lots of fringe, accessories the custom chop to include fringe all over. If you want a very stark, minimalistic ride, you can have that too! How much pizzazz you add is your choice and only your choice!
8. Head turn factor. You can guarantee, no matter what custom chopper design you settle on, you will turn heads. You can add all the "head turn" factor to you chopper you desire. If you want, you can create something that is drop-dead unique and turn every head you encounter. But if you are not a glutton for attention, you may choose a more simplistic design.
9. Make it solo. If you get sick and tired of the "can I ride with you?" questions and simply do not want anyone to ride behind you, choose a solo saddle design that provides you an excuse, "my bike only rides one – ME!"
10. Ego. Yes, we all have ego, do not we? That's what makes us what to be different to begin with. And a great ego stroke is riding out of your truly unique, one-of-a-kind custom chopper. Just do not let it go to your head! After all, you still want your friends to love you and ride with you!
Copyright 2006 Tyler Powers